Connecticut River Review Journal 2023 with $5 donation
While we do not require a donation in order to consider poems for publication, a small donation helps with the expenses of producing our literary magazine, and we very much appreciate those who can contribute!
What we like: We enjoy poetry that is well-crafted, uses language with a strong awareness of meaning and sound, and contains evocative images and a strong sense of voice.
What to send:
- Send up to three (3) previously unpublished poems on no more than four (4) pages in a single Word or pdf document, starting each poem on a separate page. Poems posted on social media or on personal blogs are considered previously published.
- We prefer Times New Roman font, 12 points, and left-aligned, unless formatting is part of the poem.
- Title the submission form with the titles of the poems, separated by commas or semi-colons.
- Include a brief third-person bio of no more than 75 words in the cover letter section of the submission form.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. However, we do ask that you notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. To withdraw part of your submission, contact us via the Messages function on Submittable. If you withdraw using the Withdraw button on Submittable, we will consider your entire submission withdrawn.
- Please submit only once during each reading period. Additional submissions in the same submission period will not be read.
Rights: We request First North American Serial Rights; all rights revert to the author upon publication. Submission to the Connecticut River Review indicates your agreement to the terms of Rights and Payment as described in these guidelines.
Upon publication: You will receive as payment one copy of the journal in which your work is published.